Skip to main content

How is life after death?

The phrase "Life after death" is kind of self-contradictory, as if someone is already dead then why LIFE anymore? But that would be just for an argument. Here, life means status. What happens to a life after death? Religions have defined answers for this. And I will not try to question any of those. I would just like to tell you what I felt the other day when I stepped out of my sweet home to go to office.




How is life after death?


Though the title of the post can mean a lot, I mean really long post, I am, however, focusing in the moment right after death, not a complete story or life-cycle.

So, as I was saying, the other day, when I stepped out of my sweet little home in that rainy day with my jacket and umbrella in hand, my dear wife shut the door with extreme cautions so that there is no sound of it as because my daughter will get to know that dad is going out for office. My wife did successfully silently shut the door but that didn't really make any difference. My daughter can feel it that dad is leaving for the day. While I was preparing and opening my umbrella, I heard my daughter's voice from this outer side of the door. She was asking her mom, "where is dad", "did dad went out already" etc. questions and my wife was trying to turn her to her dolls instead of answering the questions. I was right there, standing right at the other side of the door. I touched the door, tried to feel my daughter, wanted to tell her that dad is here, wanted to open the door and hug her and say, "here, dad is here and he isn't going anywhere". But I couldn't do that, it was raining and it will be high traffic on the way. I stood there and couldn't do anything.

On the way to office, I thought about it again and again, is this what happens when we die? We stand right there but we can not interact or take any action. We can hear our loved ones crying for us but we can not respond. May be even if we do, it doesn't reach them. They don't see us, hear us but may be we do. I believe this feeling is more painful than the pain of loosing someone. I must not compare though, because its not easy to compare this kind of sensitive issues.

I don't actually know what happens to our soul after we die. Different religions describe it differently but one thing is common, the judgement and the resulting punishment or rewards. However, before that process begin, the soul, as per what I think, gets a few moments as transition time. Its not only a body that we leave, but also many relations that we leave behind. This transition time can be like the amount of time or number of days it takes the body to be taken care of as per the religious rituals. After the religious rituals are done, as I can think of, transition is done and our souls get in the process of judgement or any other process as per the religious rituals.

Whatever, life after death is a little fascinating to me. There are so many descriptions of it, you can believe the one you want or the one that you follow. But still no one, as far as I know, ever came back from that life after death and told us what life after death they have experienced, how it was etc. I have no problem with believing what my religion describes but it does really excite me to know what it really is.

However, that's not possible and I neither want to experience it, at least not at this stage of my life. You born once, and die once, and in-between you live. Life is a gift and we should experience it. Death will eventually come. We all have to experience it once (just once) at the end of our journey. And then another journey will begin, the life after death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready to DIE right now?

It’s probably not a good idea to keep thinking about your death or that you are going to die someday. Life might become hopeless, goal-less if you keep thinking about your death. You will lose interest in doing anything as it might seem like “what’s the point, I am going to die anyway”.

Father - is a whole little discovered universe

Father - is a whole universe which has not been discovered much, it's good to see that people are slowly taking the time to discover it. You know why there are far less highlights in the lives of a father, what they do and what they get? Because who is going to ask, who is going to answer, who is going to write?  A father does not have the time or energy or will to tell stories at all. Instead, I think, as I found myself, fathers wait and wish to see that if someone, he provides, come ahead and say what he feels. And the whole life ends in this wait. As no one ever comes ahead to appreciate, recognize, write a novel or a song or a poem.  A father simply keeps doing whatever he has to. It became like it's not what he does, it's more like what his duty is. And then  why praise or appreciate someone for doing just what his duty is.